beyonc songs |
- From Daft Punk and Beyoncé to the Band: 10 of the best ever live albums - The Guardian
- Mickey Guyton Releases Beautiful Cover of Beyoncé's 'If I Were a Boy' - WHAS11.com
- Chloe x Halle’s Performance Wow Fans After New Music Video ‘Ungodly Hour’ Debut - International Business Times
- Viola Davis and Daughter Genesis Model Beyonce's New Ivy Park Collection - Eurweb.com
| From Daft Punk and Beyoncé to the Band: 10 of the best ever live albums - The Guardian Posted: 26 Feb 2021 01:32 PM PST Daft Punk |
| Mickey Guyton Releases Beautiful Cover of Beyoncé's 'If I Were a Boy' - WHAS11.com Posted: 26 Feb 2021 09:48 AM PST ![]() Mickey Guyton is ending her week on a high note! The 37-year-old singer released a special Amazon Original cover of Beyoncé's "If I Were a Boy" on Friday, the same day she received an Academy of Country Music nomination for New Female Artist of the Year. The all-new track is available exclusively on Amazon Music, as part of their slate of Black History Month content highlighting the impact of Black music pioneers who have created radical and innovative work. "It was important for me to record 'If I Were A Boy' because I have been fighting in country music for so long to just be accepted for who I am," Guyton, who originally covered the song back in 2016, shared in a statement. "This song represents the release and the birth of something new. Really this song means so much more to me, and has a completely different meaning, than when I first heard it." Guyton teamed up with artist Jamilla Okuba to create the single's original cover art. "I discovered Jamilla through Instagram, and it has been really important for me to support Black Art in whatever capacity that is," she explained. "When this project came together, I knew Jamilla needed to create the artwork, and it's just so beautiful that we're able to do this together." "When people see the cover art for my version of 'If I Were A Boy,' I really hope that people don't see me, but that they see themselves," she added. Amazon Original In addition to her ACM nod, Guyton's song, "Black Like Me," has also been nominated for Best Country Solo Performance at the upcoming GRAMMYs. The recognition makes Guyton the first Black female solo artist to earn a nomination in a country category. "Honestly still can't believe this happened," Guyton wrote on Instagram back in November, after hearing the news. "I haven't been able to put into words the emotions I feel right now. I have been hitting the pavement for so long just trying to get an opportunity to be heard. And now here I am nominated for a Grammy!" "I feel seen. I feel heard. I am a living testament that you should never give up on yourself. You never know what God has waiting for you around the corner," she continued. "This Grammy nomination is for every Black girl that felt unseen. That felt unheard. That felt unloved. That felt like they weren't enough. That felt unpretty. That felt shoved in a corner and completely unconsidered. This is for them." Hear more in the video below. RELATED CONTENT: |
| Posted: 26 Feb 2021 12:16 AM PST KEY POINTS
R&B Superstars Chloe x Halle gave a scintillating performance of "Ungodly Hour" at "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon" on Thursday, Vulture reported. Netizens were really impressed by Chloe x Halle's outstanding performance and they couldn't help but laud them on Twitter. The duo has also released their new single from the album of the same name. "Chloe" is currently trending on the micro-blogging site, and here's what the netizens had to say. One Twitter user commented on the conversation thread, saying "Chloe x Halle [is] constantly raising the bar." "At this point, they [have] raised it, [and] they just continuously surpass themselves to me, since they're the standard," a netizen tweeted. "They're honestly one of the few that gave me hope for this generation."
"Chloe x Halle are [actual] sirens," another Twitter user said. "[Thanks] for delivering another spectacular work, u both deserve the world for always sharing the best of u with us," another netizen said. "Your talent is dimensionless and always surprises us, thank god you both are the future of music. [Love You SO] much!" Born in Atlanta, the talented singers were discovered by no one other than Queen Bey Beyonce herself. Before rising to fame, sisters Chloe and Halle Bailey were YouTubers performing covers of Beyonce songs.
The duo caught the attention of Beyonce when she saw their rendition of her song, "Pretty Hurts" on YouTube a few years back, according to Showbiz CheatSheet. Subsequently, Beyonce reportedly had the girls sign a $1 million deal for six albums under her record label Parkwood Entertainment, ABC News reported. To clarify, Chloe and Halle are not twins. Chloe is 22, while Halle is 20. The sisters are not only awesome performers but also writers. In fact, the Bailey sisters are the ones who wrote and executively produce their album "The Kids Are Alright" in 2018, according to Chloe x Halle's official site. Chloe x Halle said that their debut album meant so much for them because it depicted their experiences. The Bailey sisters said, "this is three years of self-discovery, vulnerability, and growth, all put into one album. We've put our hearts and souls into every lyric, every beat, and we cannot wait for the world to hear." |
| Viola Davis and Daughter Genesis Model Beyonce's New Ivy Park Collection - Eurweb.com Posted: 25 Feb 2021 05:00 PM PST
Beyonce tapped Academy Award winner Viola Davis to rock her new clothing line alongside her daughter. Davis shared several photos on Instagram Tuesday modeling the new Adidas x Ivy Park collection "Icy Park," which launched on Friday. In the photos, Davis poses with her 10-year-old daughter Genesis in matching items from the collection. "Thank you @Beyonce!! Genesis and I love @WeAreIvyPark's new #IcyPark collection!!! 😍🔥 #AvailableNow #IVYPARK #Adidas," Davis captioned the post — see below. Davis previously opened up to PEOPLE about parenting her daughter, whom she adopted with her husband, actor Julius Tennon. "I empower her to understand that she has to count it all as joy. Even her mistakes, her failures, her triumphs, what she looks like, all of it. That's all a part of her loving herself, even if none of those things change," she said at the time. READ MORE: Black Culture, History and Music – The J. Morris Journey Per USA Today, titled "Icy Park," the line is the third collab between Adidas and Beyonce's fashion label, Ivy Park. The new collection includes activewear, bodysuits, matching legging and top sets and baggy tracksuits — and there's something for sizes ranging women's XS to 4XL. Beyonce's daughter Blue Ivy Carter, 9, is also featured in the campaign. Tina Knowles Lawson shared a clip of her granddaughter posing in two different ensembles. She captioned the clip: "My Beautiful grandbaby Blue Ivy looking like a little super model in her Ivy Park. Swing your hair Blue!!!!!" Tina also revealed Blue Ivy spontaneously joined in the shoot. "She inserted herself into this shoot," Tina added in the caption. "No she was not supposed to be in it! She was just hanging out and got dressed and I guess she said 'I'm not gonna tell you what I could do I'm gonna show you' I love that aggressive spirit My Blue Blue!!!! ❤️" You can shop the entire Ivy Park x Adidas collection at Adidas.com. |
| You are subscribed to email updates from "beyonc songs" - Google News. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |






0 Yorumlar