IMPORTANT: READ UPDATED ARTICLE ON MINOCYCLINE MYLAN AND IT SIDE EFFECTS Hey everyone,
today I want to tell you what my dermatologist thinks about butt acne scars.
I always thought that I got acne scars there because when I shave the fluff it can't grow because I"m sitting, causing ingrown hair and pimples, leading me to frantically pop and scratch them, making little wounds that in return don't heal properly because of bad circulation and bacteria.
The strange thing is that I get the exact same acne scars on my lower back and shoulders, which too unfortunately get scanned by my nails looking for impurities to scratch away. You would think that without the sitting and with better circulation, the skin on the back would heal better. So what exactly was going on?
My dermatologist, to my surprise, was surprised. She asked me if I had unwanted hair in many places. Well...I said... definitely not on my bum or back, I said. Of course not, or I'd be a werewolf. But I said I did have unwanted hair down my inner thighs, my lower stomach, ... like some women. To my surprise she asked me if I had a regular cycle and I said yes. She said that I might have too much testosterone. I didn't know what to say, really. Then she also told me that my skin was infected at the pores. I forgot to ask her if that meant I had a skin infection.
She perscribed me a strong version of the birth control pill for an entire year... and a one year perscription for Minocycline Mylan, which fights all sorts of infections including eye infections and certain STDs!
I did a little research about the effects of having too much testosterone as a woman and found this:
Excess amounts of androgens can pose a problem, resulting in such "virilizing effects" as acne, hirsutism (excess hair growth in "inappropriate" places, like the chin or upper lip) and thinning hair.
Many women with high levels of a form of testosterone called "free" testosterone have polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), characterized by irregular or absent menstrual periods, infertility, blood sugar disorders, and, in some cases, symptoms like acne and excess hair growth. Left untreated, high levels of androgens, regardless of whether a woman has PCOS or not, are associated with serious health consequences, such as insulin resistance and diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and heart disease.
I have to say I have many of these things. Slightly thinning hair, or at least at the front, but I thought that was because of the Ibuprofen I had been taking, feeling thirsty and dizzy all the time (blood sugar disorder), excess hair growth in some places (nipple hair, lower stomach hair, inner thigh hair),...
I asked her if my skin would heal. She said of course, because the skin heals itself. Hmm, I thought that was a little simple, but it was late and I didn't want to go into a discussion.
My regular doctor had already perscribed pure Urea, a chemical that is naturally present in the skin for 7% to moisturise it. Also, it exfoliates due to the creation of lactic acid. And finally it's an aenesthetic, which protects the skin from inflamamtion. She also perscribed me Fucidin 2% cream, which is a small tube of lotion that kills bacteria and helps the skin to heal.
Another tip is to exfoliate more thoroughly and more frequently, since it improves circulation and promotes softness and evenness. Personally I have this bad habid of almost just "slapping" a scrub on in the shower and then rinsing it off instead of taking the time to turn off the water, scoop out a generous amount of salt, rubbing it in with all my might (which is necessary for a weak girl like me) to all the bad areas, and make hundreds of circular motions, to get the best results and to have baby soft plump buttocks even though they still look like a dalmations belly, at least they feel nice.
My first thought was to instantly seek some sort of laser therapy center, but seeing the time and energy that goes to these more natural treatments, they might just be worth it, otherwise I'll just break out again after getting expensive therapy done!
I hope I gave you some tips on how to treat stuborn acne! I will update next month.Good luck!
0 Yorumlar