Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Korres Lip Butters

I'm in a bit of a beauty rut right now, I have all of my winter products and shades and really won't buy much of anything until the spring collections begin to hit. Also, with the addition of Christmas shopping, I haven't much spare cash to be spending on beauty products for the next week or two. But I need a little something. Enter Korres. I have trusted this brand for ages since I first tried their skincare a few years ago. I am now venturing into their color line with my first look at the Lip Butters.

I have seen these butters on the Sephora site for ages and have noticed them used in many photos in beauty magazines. So far, I have bought one and want to try many more. Sephora classifies this product as, "A buttery balm that melts onto the lips and cheeks for a pretty touch of color". They provide a more detailed product description with the following, "Korres Lip Butter gives lips a lovely, shiny finish and offers a natural flush when applied to the apples of the cheeks. Its shea butter infusion conditions and heals lips and provides a softening touch to the skin". Korres products are on the natural side so anyone can feel good about using this product on their lips.
The colors that are available...

- Guava - clear
- Jasmine - sheer natural pink
- Mango - sheer peach
- Quince - sheer rose
- Plum - sheer lavender berry
- Pomegranate - sheer coral
- Wild Rose - sheer deep red

I have the Guava and I treat it more as a clear lip balm than an actual lip gloss shade. It is a very soft lip balm, very easy to apply and sinks right into my lips. It really helps to hydrate and soften but I don't feel that it has much staying power against the elements. The Guava shade gives very little to no color and a medium amount of shine. Looking at the shades that are also offered, I could see myself liking the Quince and the Wild Rose a lot. I am willing to bet that I will like the Jasmine shade but I wondering how different it will be from the Guava. Since the description states that it is a "sheer natural pink", I am doubting that it will have much pigmentation. i will have to find out the next time that I get Sephora.

The only dislike I have about this product is that I don't like when lip balm comes in a tub, especially any shades that have pigment to them. I feel that I have to wash my hands after I dip my fingers into any pigmented balm and I can't always do that. I will have to see how much this bothers me when I try out a more pigmented shade.

photo courtesy of Sephora

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar