Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

FACE COLOUR PICKS AND SWATCHES FROM THE BLUE RHYTHM DE CHANEL COLLECTION

I do love me some blue, so it's no surprise that I gave my wallet a really good work out in Chanel's Blue Rhythm Collection. ^_^  You may've already seen my swatches and thoughts on the nail polishes I picked up from this collection in this post.  Here are the rest of my picks with swatches further down below. :)  This collection has been out for a few weeks or so now here in Australia so best get your hands on any that take your fancy ASAP! >_<

OMBRE ESSENTIELLE IN 'SWING' (116)
 Swing (love the name!) is a gorgeous, medium to dark navy blue eye shadow with eye catching, light blue sparkles.  It's hard to resist when it looks that beautiful in the pan!
 Below is another photograph of Swing, but in lower light to capture its pretty sparkles even more.
Below - how Ombre Essentielle compact packaging looks like along with the provided black velvet pouch.
Unfortunately, Swing does fall short when it comes to applying it dry on the lids.  I found it quite sheer and its vibrancy is lost.  The sparkles are not as intense.  The effect is a deeper, smoky/blackened navy - looks "meh" compared to what you see in the pan.  Its texture is quite dry with nothing much to bind the particles together so that it picks up easily and goes on smoothly.  However, this formula can also be applied using a dampened applicator and this results in an amazing finish and intense pigmentation that is more consistent with how it looks in the pan!  You can see the difference in the swatches at the end of this post.  I think this will best applied dry either as a sheer top coat on the centre of the lids, or wet as an all-over intense blue, sparkly colour just over the mobile eye lids for a fancy night out. :)

LES 4 OMBRES MULTI-EFFECT QUADRA EYESHADOW IN 'TISSÉ JAZZ' (244)
Since I already own the original, discontinued baked eye shadow formula of Lagons (these were very sheer and dry formulas, which I really did not like!  See comparison swatches below) and the new, much better reformulated eye shadow formula in Tissé Riviera (reviewed here), I was hesitant to get yet another Chanel blue eye shadow quad as much as I love blue!  Still, Tissé Jazz contains one of the best white eye shadows I have come across (too many have been too powdery or sheer in my experience), and a couple of blues that are unique in my collection.  The top left having a more yellow undertone to it - gorgeous and vibrant on its own for summer (over the mobile lid applied dry or wet for a far more intense colour on the lid or just as a liner), and the bottom left - a medium to dark denim blue - lovely!  This is a limited edition and highly recommend it if you don't already own as many blue eye shadows as I do - ha!

 ILLUSION D'OMBRE VELVET IN 'MELODY' (98)
Melody is a light apricot - a great, complementary shade to blue.  I wasn't sure about its shade at first as it's quite light and sort of looks a little 60's or mod on my medium, olive skin tone.  However, it grew on me as it does help brighten up my eyes and if I just apply it softly, I can get away with wearing it on its own for day wear (minus a thick, black eye line, of course! ;-) ), otherwise it's a good 'un to use as a base since unlike the original Illusion D'Ombre gel-cream eye shadows which are usually very twinkly and sparkly, this one is the *velvet* version, which has a "luminous matte" finish.
Interestingly, the velvet applicator is a sponge versus an eye liner brush that comes with the original Illusion D'Ombres.

GLOSS VOLUME (PLUMPING LIPGLOSS)

Below is a shot of the plumping gloss' doe foot applicator.
This lipgloss doesn't look all that exciting and I initially would have easily skipped this.  However, Rae from the Raeview raved about it in her August 2015 video (watch it here), so it got me curious enough to try it in store and when I did, I totally understood her high praise for it.  This translucent lip gloss - packaged in the same way as the Chanel Glossimers - gives a beautiful shine to the lips and also makes them look naturally fuller.  It takes a couple or so minutes for the effect to take place.  It does give a slight tingly, cooling sensation for the first 10-20 seconds of application - a bit like toothpaste can sometimes do - and it actually does have a very subtle and pleasant minty taste to it, too.  It contains "emollient oils to soften and hydrate and vitamin E for anti-oxidant protection", and I can concur that my lips do feel a bit more nourished even after the gloss has worn off.  This product is definitely one of my unexpected must-haves from the collection!  I've been obsessed with it since I purchased it - layering it over most of my lipsticks nearly everyday!  This is coming from someone who doesn't wear lip gloss all that often (I am a lipstick kinda gal!).  I'm so glad this is not a limited edition!

LIGNE GRAPHIQUE DE CHANEL IN 'DREAM BLUE' (60)
Below, the very fine brush applicator that serves for precise application of the liquid eye liner.
Dream Blue is an amazing, metallic medium to dark navy blue.  I love that it is deep, yet vibrant enough on my medium, olive skin.  Simply divine!  Such a simple, yet effective way to add colour to your look when worn on its on on the eyes - winged out or not (avec mascara, of course!) without having to apply, blend and mess about with eye shadows, etc.  This is definitely another must-have from the collection.  It's a limited edition, so don't miss out!

SWATCHES
Below are swatches on my medium, olive skin (~NC30-35).  Unless specified, all were photographed indoors under artificial lighting an using a strobe.
Above: 'Swing' is swatched dry and without primer, and again below but in sunlight.
Below are swatches of Tissé Jazz - applied dry without any primer.
The same swatches again, but photographed in natural light by the window.
Below are swatches of Tissé Jazz and Swing when applied with a damp sponge or wet clean finger.
The same wet swatches again, but in low light (no strobe) to capture the iridescence.

COMPARISON SWATCHES
Below are comparison swatches of Tissé Jazz with Lagons and Tissé Riviera - using a clean, dry finger (no primer used).
OVERALL
Another impressive blue collection from Chanel.  Although they do it yearly, I look forward to it each time!  My must-haves are the liquid eye liner in Dream Blue, Volume Gloss (but this a new permanent addition, so you needn't rush), Tissé Jazz eye shadow quad (if you don't already have too many blue eye shadows) and the two limited edition blue nail polishes - Fortissimo and Vibrato (reviewed in this separate post).


Hope this was helpful.


Thanks for stopping by!  Bon weekend!  ^_^ xo









Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar